Friday, August 7, 2015

Winter Blues



I love the gray/blue colour of transfer ware, common around 1900. pieces usually have beautiful delicate garden design.
 I found this vegetable dish without lid for $3 at a charity shop this week










I posted about these gorgeous  dessert dishes I found a couple of months ago, for $1 each





dawn from the back porch




winter hellebores


muscari












golden wattle trees









my darling boy is recovering from being mauled by another cat









Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
   French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home
Elizabeth & Co
  Woman in Real Life
                                                                  Common Ground
                                                                Thoughts from Alice
                                                                  The Shabby Nest 
                                                                  Bella Rosa Antiques 
                                                                  Dwellings of the Heart



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful transfer ware - what a bargain!
    I hope your sweet boy feels better soon.
    I'm over winter and cold days - longing to get into my garden again.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sweet cat is feeling better soon. What a bargain price for the vegetable dish, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue transfer ware and you got it so cheap.....
    The view from your back porch is again so very beautiful and what about these golden wattle trees: just magnificent, we cannot grow these outside, but I think these yellows are the very first steps to spring.
    Always love how you end with the chickens in your posts, it was nice to see your photos again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the no lid dish and wow those bowls for $1 each.
    I need to get back out in the thrift store
    I am so sorry your baby got mauled by another mean ole cat , hope he recovers quickly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much loveliness. Oh your back yard. Swoon. And those bully cats. Hope your little fluff ball is back in shape soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dawn photo with the misty clouds kissing the hills as they pass. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos! So sorry too hear about your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty scenes - lovely dishes you have found. Poor little kitty :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sorry to hear about your kittie getting injured. Make sure he is up-to-date on his shots! Poor little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture at dawn is phenomenal! Your winter garden is just gorgeous....I have never seen such pretty trees as those golden wattle trees. I thought that you got snow there but apparently not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty transferware, and of course, your beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always - gorgeous photography. Hope your kitty is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous of your great finds! I wish we had thrift and antique stores of that caliber around here!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Visiting from the Flaunt it Friday link up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos of nature are beautiful. I don't know much about transfer ware, but I applaud your ability to seek out good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your landscape is lovely this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx