Saturday, May 30, 2015

What I found at the Fair


It's always exciting when the annual antiques fair comes to my small country town especially when it's  just over the fence ! My husband was away and surprised me with a gift of money before he left to buy something....yay
I chose  2 things..

a pair of antique chemist bottles




an original Victorian mirror frame with original photo



the 2 beautiful books were my own purchase






The last week of Autumn in the garden







the  sun on the garden at dawn











Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home
Elizabeth & Co
   Woman in Real Life
                                                                   Common Ground
                                                                 Thoughts from Alice
                                                                   The Shabby Nest 
                                                                 Bella Rosa Antiques

14 comments:

  1. Oh Meg! Those chemist bottles are exquisite! As is that original frame and photo! But I just got lost in your garden landscape! I could look at that all day and I bet you just love how the light changes throughout your garden! Stunning!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finds are always such a delight, I love the frame. Your garden is an oasis of calm and beauty, stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife's grandfather was a doctor, and she inherited some chemists' bottles similar to yours. We like them. The hills look gorgeous with the sun shining on the deep green and the various colored trees. I love the misty morning picture especially. I want to pet your sleeping kittie and say hello to your girls! It's always a treat to visit. Oh, and the book covers are wonderful. Back then, they had so much character, even if they didn't echo the stories inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chemist bottles and the books but that mirror frame is beautiful Some great finds there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I also collect chemist bottles and yours were really lovely...
    Your garden is just stunning, wow!
    Have a great weekend,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot show enough photos of your beautiful garden and views on the landscape, it is just wonderful. I am fond of old books and you found another two gems, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bottles and books! Autumn looks so beautiful in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God your garden is even more stunning in Autumn, such stunning colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The stunning sky! I hope you know how lucky you are! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful selections! Beautiful autumn photos, too. The pair of books has me saying "oooh' and "ahhhh" .... I love to collect books from that era!
    Your post is perfect for my "Let's Talk Vintage!" link party! (It happens every Tuesday at 9 am) Hop on over and link up, if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH your photos are lovely...it's like being there and experiencing your view and life around you. Love the wonderful chemist bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your old bottles are fabulous...something I would have bought in an instant. Love your garden this time of the year, the colors are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That 4th shot of the sun through the nearly bare trees, is just pure magic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx